Saturday, October 23, 2021

Other things happening and catching up


 It's been cloudy, then clear, then cloudy again today so knowing that I don't have much to do in the garden I haven't been out there until today. I took pictures of the trees and such while walking Rocky but that's about it. Been doing my 'painting' a lot as well. 

I decided today was the day to cut back or rip out the tomato and pepper. I chickened out and just cut them back. 

Before
After

Two tomatoes were worthy of picking and pulled whatever peppers pulled off easily. The bean how has another set of leaves, is chugging along nicely but honestly not expecting much. It's been a little over two weeks since I planted the seeds so not too bad for having no nutrients at all.

Another after shot
Go little bean, go!

I pulled the weed grass behind it best I could with the gloves I have, better than leaving them to just propagate more later.

The trees are turning lovely colors now and framed against a blue sky made for a wonderful picture. I'm happy we have some kind of tree that changes colors in fall. The only trees I had around me growing up were native oak trees. Everygreen and one of my favorite trees but no color change.

So glad to be over summer now. It's been brutal since I was home every day, previous summers I have been working and therefore not getting consistent weather or temperatures. Sure does make a difference and gives me another point of reference for gardening and personal experience.

Oh, I took pictures of the 'compost heap' previously and now to show the difference between it getting full hot sun and shade most of the day. Full hot sun after one day the leaves were brownish green and crispy. It's been almost a week since I put cuttings in the heap and they were still green. 



 This is the same pile a week later. It amazes me every time no matter how much knowledge I have.











Now it's time for food and more ruminations on what to do with a winter garden in San Diego.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...