Friday, September 30, 2022

Nice weather finally

 We still closed up for a couple of hours in the afternoon but it's comfortable and cool now after dark. Night have to get long pants out soon and see what fits. Not much going in the garden. I actually went out in the evening to water and check on things.











Watered the dirt as well just to start kicking the microbes back into action. The bed with the trowel in it I scraped the mulch away and dug around a bit. Not a lot of coverage for the mulch there so the dirt was rather dry. I even watered down the logs a bit and broke up the branch I have laying in the fence bed.











I realized looking at it that it still had seed balls on it. Oops, do not want trees starting to grow up through the bed when it gets in there. Too late I suspect but it takes a while for them to grow and if anything I'll put some plastic over it with some mulch to kill them before they sprout. Hopefully.

The weather shows signs of cooling down on a longer trend which means getting out and doing more in the garden should be happening. If I want to plant anything in the ground that is. I still don't have the money for the soil I need. 

I just realized that my brother usually sends me or gets me a gift card to wherever I have a need. If he asks this year I'll tell him Walmart. Not just for food but I can get some cheap soil there as well. IF I don't need anything for us first that is but if he asks I'll tell him what's going on.

My birthday is in 9 days money comes in that week so we will see what happens. I would really love to get going on that garden for the fall and winter. Give me more outside time and better progress updates.

Fall is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...