Monday, September 12, 2022

Warming up more and not happy

 I wasn't going to do anything in the garden so delayed going down there. As it turns out, nothing really happening as expected. Although there is a pepper developing so here's hoping it thinks it's spring. So there's that and then pictures from other areas that I have observed.


 










Those are the only plants left right now, the pepper and the bean and even the bean is showing buds as well but the others did and nothing came of it.


Hard to see but they're right in the middle so will see what happens. So with nothing else to do in the garden I looked for other things to point out. 











I don't know if that dirt pile is recent or not. Looks pretty dry but also looks kind of recent, and is along the trail of the gopher following the wall to the garden.  Another thing I noticed was an opportunistic seed that dropped in the succulent bowl. Little broad trident leaves of liquidamber. Yeah that's not going to work out very well but it shows that given any opportunity, nature will find a way to land where it can continue.

Speaking of landing:

 Not an eagle, but the hawks are coming back to the nest. I was walking Rocky this morning and heard as well as saw one circling nearby, trying to get altitude and knew it was heading for the nest up there. It finally circled wide enough and came back again to land at the nest. They will likely spruce it up, rebuild it or add to it for use in the spring. I wish I had a good camera with a macro lens to get pictures. The parrots have pretty much dwindled out right now. There were some last night when I went to take out the trash, not just in the trees but on the power lines as well. I haven't been hearing or seeing them much since I only have a small window to look out and the window has been closed the last week with fans going. I can hear them a bit if they perch on the trees over the fence. Given their migration track, once it cools down I'll be able to have the window open again and hear them.

So it's windy again, high lacy clouds but no rain just oppressive heat and humidity. Garden is stalled out, so now is the time that most people will start their fall seedlings...except I don't have the soil, container or room to do that.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...