Monday, July 15, 2024

Evening is the best time.

 I slept late so didn't get out to the garden until after 12 noon. Not good, it was already 86 and the day had dawned bright, clear sunny skies. Bleh. 











Nothing unusual about the photo, just the preferred 'weather tree' close up and natural. It was overcast yesterday morning all the way to midday and today.... the sun woke me up.

(Currently for whatever reason loading photos to the page is different. It's not allowing me to remove photos or change orientation. Not sure if that has to do with google photos being almost full but it's very annoying. Formatting is being wonky as well so forgive any weird gaps in paragraphs.) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't think that squash got pollinated. It hasn't grown at all in the past three days, sadness and dismay. You know how I was excited about all the female flowers, well that's bad when there's no boys around to pollinate them. Gosh darn it!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh and a comparison of before I planted the squash to now. I knew it would overrun the entire bed. It isn't the first squash I've planted or grown.

I finally cut off that large leave that was shading the fish pepper. It's going to be so much happier now with full sun all the time. Yes the squash leaves are looking a bit limp because it was afternoon, I promise it was okay. I then looked at the potato, technically seeing if there were any pests and discovered flower buds! Well that will be a first if I let it grow out and complete its cycle properly.











 Top  picture is a full overhead photo, corrected slightly for angle. The squash is overtaking the entire bed so when directions say to plant them two feet apart they obviously are underestimating how big they will get. I do wish I had moved it just a tad to the left so it was dead center and everything would have more room to grow.

Another flower on the strawberry! The soil in that pot is not drying out as fast as even the soil in the raised bed and the brown soft edge on that one leaf is a telltale of the condition. I  might have to try and find some sand or something to mix in with the soil to get it to drain better.

I'm done for tonight this whole formatting issue is making me cranky.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...