Monday, August 26, 2024

I have more tomatillos fruiting!

 Today and yesterday it was only in the mid-to high 80's so we didn't turn the AC on until afternoon around 1 or 2. Getting much cooler at night as well so it helps incredibly with cooling the apartment overnight. AS for the garden, still suffering and getting daily watering. Still not a whole lot of pictures because garden is boring right now.

Sunset last night as close to the actual color as possible thanks to a filter. Sicne the sun is setting sooner now I have to watch the daylight out my bedroom window carefully in the afternoon so I don't miss the opportunity to check things in the evening.

I discovered three husks that definitely looked like they were filling out. Wooo! Not sure if they were ones I pollinated or not but it's something at least. Oh and have not seen Manny the last two days, hope he's doing okay and is just hunkered down and molting somewhere.

I remembered my clippers today and took off some of the lower branches that were sticking out as well as one or two of the more brown stems on the south bush. If I was sure that Manny was gone I'd cut back that left hand one almost completely. I also watered of course, made sure to dig around the plants and loosen the soil so the water penetrated more. Hope to have that remedied next season.











Another few squash are actually growing due to my efforts so the plant stays for a while. You can see how the smaller ones are shriveling up and browning at the blossom end. I did notice that male flower and pollinated the flower on the left.











There are flower buds on the Fish pepper! I technically should have pinched it out a while ago but it was being covered by the squash leaves and I kept forgetting. I also couldn't resist and pulled off one of the jalapeƱos, half the size it should be so am still waiting for the others to grow more. If they ever do.

That's all I've go for today. I'm hoping next week to budget a bit tighter so I can manage to save money for soil. Need to start stockpiling now so I have some for the winter beds. Whenever that happens.

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...