Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Ohhh my.... temp is sky high.

 At 10:30 this morning it was already 91, by noon it was 94 and now at 1:05 it is 99. Three years ago we had torrential rains from a tropical storm. I went to bed way too late last night and couldn't wake up this morning so didn't get up and dressed for going outside until noon. The plants were wilting already.

I got out last night and decided (not knowing how hot it was going to be today) I would water in the morning. Well that didn't happen until noon sadly and it is a known tenet not to water in the middle of the day.

But it was absolutely necessary. What is interesting is the other peppers are wilting but the fish pepper is just as perky as every.The tomatillos of course are just drooping due to the thinner leaves. 











Last night I tried to change the direction of the squash because the fruit at the end are all getting smushed up against the wall. Unfortunately that puts a lot of stress on the end of the vine and I was afraid it was going to cause it to snap so put it back where it was. Still a ton of fruit and only one or two male flowers that are out of sync with the female flowers.

What the west bed looked like last night. There's actually a small fruit on the peppers at the back! That's a JalapeƱo and that means the front pepper is Poblano which looked like it had a few flowers forming fruit. The tomato and the Poblano were both getting overshadowed by the tomatillo so I kind of shifted that as best I could so they could get more sun. Right. Should have left it alone if I knew how hot it was going to be.













Manny is still out there, was upside down and curled last night under a leaf and today out on a stem in his usual capture mode. What I forgot is there are those teeny tiny ants on that plant going up and down to the flowers so I guess he's getting food that way. 











Glad I got a picture of the egg last night because it was gone today, no egg case left ( I have no idea what those other dots are). Now I know some caterpillars eat their egg case when they hatch so that could be the situation but it didn't look big enough to hatch but according to the info web, they hatch around 10-13 days and I first noticed it on August 10. Will see where it decides to start munching in a few days.











Hard to get a good picture of this little green bug on the tomato. Moved fast, had wings because it flew off and it's not a lacewing. I was just worried it was something that would damage the fruit is all. Have to do some research on it.

::whimper:: I have to go out to pick up the boys from school and it's still 99 outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...