Saturday, October 12, 2024

Weather peak again and no sign of Manny

 Weather has been in the high 80's for the past week for at least three days in  a row so we close up around noon and last night couldn't open up until after dark. 











Beautiful blue skies make for great pictures behind the green and salmon red fall colors. At least for San Diego. I had light blocking eye covers on due to having an eye appointment earlier in the day and couldn't tell if the blue was that intense or not. Looks like it was that intense.











It was a pepper fail year it seems. I decided to pull out the poblano and fish peppers. Neither of them had fruit that was getting to size and judging by the roots on the fish pepper, that's why. As soon as it cools down a bit more I'll be cutting down the tomatoes and pulling those. Although, I'm tempted to leave the plant on the left in because it is putting out some new growth at the base. I remember what happened last time I let a tomato winter over though.
 So this is the way I had to water the other day, filling up the bucket and dumping it in the west and raised bed. The raised bed was bone dry down about an inch even after watering with the hose for five minutes.
 That is dry soil that I discovered as I was trying to mix things up after water bucket treatment. Then, yesterday when I went out to check on things and wanted to water...... another two feet cut off the hose. It doesn't make a difference to her because all her plants are within reach of the hose, even Layla can use it. But I'm left high and dry.

I have enough money to spare for a $20 pocket hose that no one else will use and an extra $10 for a sprayer since my other one is cracked and leaks. I'll just unhook the other hose and put mine on, then depressurize and tuck it in the electrical closet in the litter bucket I'm not using. 

Getting more soil is the next step. I do have the compost and I'm sure that will work fine in the ground beds but there's not nearly enough for putting in the raised bed. IF I have a spare 20 after the rest of the bills are paid, I'll go get a bag or two.

 I haven't seen Manny for six days. I am only anxious about him because I need to cut down the plants and clear out that west bed. I only cut the very tallest and lanky branches off and he usually hangs around knee level where there's more cover. I played it safe though and tossed the cuttings behind the bed just in case. Will keep checking and wish there was a way of using UV light or something at night to find him. I decided to put him in the trumpet vines  because those don't get bothered, have plenty of hiding areas and hopefully enough ants and other bugs for him to eat. better camouflage too.

Still no progress on blogger upgrade or even a message from them. Kind of figured that but was hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Weather peak again and no sign of Manny

 Weather has been in the high 80's for the past week for at least three days in  a row so we close up around noon and last night couldn&...