Friday, December 24, 2021

It's Christmas Eve and it rained really well.

 It started raining yesterday and has continued on and off with gusts of wind occasionally. Badly needed rain and for us it isn't torrential but still a good soaking. We may get the heavier rain later, expected to be on and off rain for Christmas day and then tapering off during the week. 

Needless to say I didn't get out to the garden at all but that's fine. I know it's just hanging in there and am sort of glad the cilantro seedlings got wiped out. They would have been pummeled pretty hard with the rain and buried under mud. Can't wait until spring when I can plant the beans and maybe some peas and sweet peas. 

Basic colors
Sweet Pea 'Matucana'


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What's not to love about these? They now have a 'true blue' color as well as an actual orange. Variegated and all sorts of combinations.

I love sweet peas not only for the scent and colors but it was my mom's favorite flower then my daughters oddly enough. My mom grew some when I was in high school and that's one of my fond memories of seeing them climbing up and covering a window, my mom enjoying them when she cut some to bring in the house.

For now, we hold steady and dream of better days. It's been a tough three years and I'm thankful for what I have but would have a lot less stress with a little more.

I hope gardens grow well, there is enough water and food to make plants healthy and happy. May the gardeners who tend them have no bad days and many happy harvests.

Merry Christmas, Solstice, Happy Hannukah/Kwanzaa and all other holidays to all.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...