Friday, January 28, 2022

Peas soaked and planted

 Just as I was going to bed last night I remembered I wanted to plant the peas today so got back up and put them in a tiny container to soak. Watched for any floaters (not good ones) and hopefully all 14 will come up. A bit more than I should have soaked for my space but there's always a few that don't survive and can always thin them out. (forgot to get picture of them in the container oh well)

On my morning walk this morning one of the hawks flew into the tree above us and declared territory, the crows had something else to say about it and chased it off. Did a quick look up and discovered it's a

Red Shouldered Hawk!!

Now I know for sure!

Got out to the garden after draining the peas and there was no sign of digging in the main beds but still a smell of cat. Darn just realized I also wanted to put in some radishes in that bed, oh well, something to do later.

North bed still good
South bed just fine.

Need to find a sprayer so I can do the vinegar treatment on the weeds this weekend. Soil was still damp looking and technically needed to water in the peas but I just covered them and patted them down well. Yes I planted some amid the cilantro, will see what happens. As soon as they get big enough I'll figure out what sort of support I'm going to give them.

Partially covered
All tucked in.

It's going to take a lot more work to dig out more bed where the oxalis is and still need to ask if they can move some of the woodpile to the corner opposite the jade bush. Plenty of room but then I realized that is also the shadiest corner of the garden. Moving some of the woodpile there would be best so I have more sunny area to plant.

 Lunch time


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...