Saturday, May 28, 2022

Talk about an off kilter day

I posted this morning and when I went to do today's it wasn't there. I put it on my regular blog instead of here. SMH. So this is for yesterday and the next one is for today.

 Forgot to post yesterday, mind was on other things and had to go out to the garden in the evening because I didn't get pictures in the morning. So one day behind right now.

The grasshopper was there in the morning but appeared to be gone in the evening, will check today to see if it returned, or rather she, because I looked up the difference between male and female grasshoppers.











The peas are doing really good and the weather is holding off being scorching hot so good for them to continue growing. It was warm yesterday with very little cloud cover and today still overcast at 11 a.m. Apparently it might drizzle on the coast, cloudy where we are. Good spring weather as far as I'm concerned.











Transplanted the other pepper from the corner so there are four peppers in a group at the west end of the bed. Hopefully the soil is better in that spot and they will grow a little faster despite the cool weather. I need fertilizer but not in the budget currently.











Peas on both plants are doing great, the short ones will be ready soon just have to get a little fatter, and the other ones on the tall plant still have a few weeks to go. 

I almost dug up the potato plant, I dug around to see if there were any potatoes close to the surface and only found one toward the middle of the bed. Decided to hold off because if I dig that one up, have to put something in its place and don't have anything yet. Other than cool season seeds and more potatoes. 











Big difference in lighting from evening and morning. Certainly gets enough sun and I could have watered but decided I would do that this morning instead. I did pick two of the lettuce plants because those aren't getting much bigger either.











They're supposed to be three times that size to pick the entire head. I used the leaves in a salad immediately along with some storebought greens. It was lettuce, with enough dressing you can't tell the difference between store and home grown.

I also missed the other tiny epiphyllum blooming near the walkway. What few flowers that were on it were all done.

It's honestly not that brown, the evening sun was reflecting off the branches. The one flower that was left is the hook above the plant. 

So on to today and will be watering and making more decisions about what to plant where and what to harvest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...