Sunday, August 14, 2022

Hot as hades but gave a test

 It's going to be hot later in the day which means it will cool down later but will try and get out to water in the evening. I got out in late evening, almost too dark to read in the ambient light and yet the pictures turned out just fine although a bit blurry. Nothing new happened yesterday so I was just going out to make sure.



 

 

 

 

 

 
Didn't get out until later but I took the neem oil with me even though it was after noon and 90 already to do a test.

I took pictures of the leaves I sprayed to check tonight if there's any damage. I did the baby sunflower because it and it's sibling were going to get pulled anyway. I did the cucumber leaves because those will be in shade soon or are in shade. 
 










The beans were already closed up in the heat, checked the soil and it's still nice and dark but will give everything a spritz hopefully tonight. Had to position more tendrils on the cucumber because it's silly like that.











New hole and tunnel. The stick is about twelve inches long, the dark end was still in the previous tunnel I had marked. I stuck it in the new tunnel as far as I could.

Don't know why I got a close up of this and it's sideways. So that's about three inches showing and it's going East. I left the stick in and will see if it gets moved by tomorrow.

And it's Bougainvillea looper season again. New leaves are chewed up and droppings everywhere. Not going to worry about it but curious as to why one long branch was just broken and bent over.











I also saw some bug nymphs and hope that they were praying mantis but they moved too fast. Can't remember which bug it is and they dropped off the branch as I tried to get a closer look. Mantis don't do that, they are  notorious for just sitting there and not moving. These were cream colored and looking up 'leaf footed bugs' those nymphs are red, but it's a similar shape and movement.

Just wanted to try and identify it to know whether it's a good bug or a bad bug. Judging from some of the damage on the leaves, other than the looper damage it might be a bad bug. Will look for them again tonight.

Other than that, just a lot of sitting inside where it's cooler than outside and waiting for summer to end to move on to the next phase of gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...