Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Better late than never.

 I didn't bother checking things in the  morning so swung by there when I took the trash out in the afternoon. Sadly I have given up on the bean, it seems to have been attacked by something and I am not going to waste more energy on it.










Barely any roots, looks like the same bugs that got on the cucumber got on this one. Possibly mites as well but so far the pepper seems to be doing okay. The last hold out it seems.











Fruit is definitely bigger but I noticed some odd leaves and blank stems. Weather related I'm sure so I'll give it a good soaking again tomorrow and maybe some food as well. 

If not for the gophers I would have more seeds in the ground by now but major planting will have to wait gosh darn varmints! So for my garden it's basically done for the summer. I actually saw some video from the midwest or elsewhere on 'summering' your garden, in other words for after harvest in summer to prep it for winter. Hahahahaha! I think in my area at least we have a lull in the middle of summer and plant the rest of the season for summer harvest.

As I've said every area is different and it may take a year or two to find out how your garden and weather work.

Didn't get this posted until late so that's it for  now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...