Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Took pictures but no post

 I checked on things in the garden, the weather continues to be wonderful but there are more horrid hot days coming next week and the week after. Spring/Fall are very similar in having erratic daytime temperatures in the 80's and 90's with night time dipping into the low 60's now.











The little pepper but is growing yay! Other flowers if you can tell are curling under which is a good sign that they are pollinated and growing fruit.  So fall crop of bell peppers is coming, should probably give it some more food.


So that branch up there had falling/broken a week ago and I've left it sitting near the tree because..clean up is not my job. Then realized I could use it in the bottom of the raised bed coming soon. I then took a good look at the branches and logs already cut up. Given the size of my frame I won't need very much at all. I can hear one of the guys mowing the grass outside but am not dressed so can't tell him to dump the grass over in the garden for me to use.

These holes seem to be new and clean, or maybe they were just rained on and cleaned out a bit. Typically not a gopher hole but also not a lizard hole either.  Wish I could set up a trail cam or something and find out what is making them but still betting on gophers.

One reason for doubling the chicken wire is to make the  holes smaller so in case of mice and other vermin they won't come through the bottom either. Oh, after reading about the hugelkultur method one of the benefits is 'warming the soil' from the breakdown of the materials so the soil stays warmer for a longer growing season. I don't need that. So I may just load up on branches and maybe some leaves then use the remainder of the chicken wire doubled and put that on top of the logs to reduce soil erosion.

If it ever happens. With most things I overplan and under produce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...