Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Oopsies, I think I done bad.

 I forgot to get out in the morning yesterday before the 90 degree weather hit. I didn't water....











Even the fruit were looking shriveled, so I am not expecting good fruit off this and it's all on me. I had to run errands yesterday and other things kept distracting me. Next week the weather will be more tolerable and fall like so will likely dump that pepper when I get the new bed built. Nothing else seemed disturbed although the south bed I dug the trowel in seemed to have been watered. The marks could barely be seen but maybe that was just because it was dry now and it shifted.  

Despite working for 20 years in the plant industry and years of giving advice, I'm a terrible gardener. I am not an 'expert' by any means, amateur hobbyist for sure given my lackluster and sometimes catastrophic results. I would like to put that all on me but it is what I have to work with and my budget that is a large factor as well. Given better soil and no rodents, and perhaps different weather I might have had a wonderful garden. It took a matter of two months for the gophers to completely decimate all my work. 

First and second year in any garden is usually periods of finding out what works and what doesn't. I know the gophers sure worked hard. I did too in spurts here and there, but with a new bed soon I hope to have better results next year. Third time's the charm right?

More and better things in the future is the hope. It's windy today so that is a harbinger of weather changing. This is a quick Santa Ana condition before it starts settling into fall weather. At least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...