Friday, November 18, 2022

Got pictures yesterday and forgot to post

 Took the small bag of scraps down to put in the compost pile and get that started yesterday and then got busy and forgot to post.



 

I forgot to take a picture of what I put in before covering it with some of the mulch from the bucket and beds. A bit of paper towel can be seen in the right hand picture though. I had a small zip top baggie of apple peels in the larger bag so that smelled so horrid I was in a hurry to cover it up. 
 
 
The pepper plant will be on the list of things to put in there as well for some 'green' things. The peppers have no seeds so not worried about them sprouting. I was inspecting the peppers and noticed small ants scurrying around, then discovered what they were going after, mealybugs just under the stem collar (calyx) at the top. I added some of the smaller peppers from the plant to the compost as a start. One of the gardeners was out clipping bushes and such but what he was cutting I don't want in the compost pile. Ivy, bougainvillea and asparagus fern...all of which can sprout from clippings. No way, no how am I fostering those in my garden.
 










So the pepper is very much destined for the compost pile tomorrow and will have to remember to bring my clippers with me to break it down.

How did those get there? They climbed, brought on the wind or the ants brought them from somewhere else. The plant has been stressed so mealybugs are the first ones to take advantage of the situation.

Oh and my hose is definitely not a 'kink free'. We have been using it as much and, of course, it folds instead of bends. As long as none of the folds form cracks we'll be good. I will not be replacing it and will just use mending tape if that happens.

The other picture is of one  lemon on the bush that's almost ready for picking and I keep hitting my leg on. Sun glare doesn't show it's fully yellow but it was inferred by the one lady that no one touches that bush but her. Oh well.

So just a lot more waiting now. At least the weather is still nice, breezy and clear again though they said it was a Santa Ana wind and if you remember, wind brings change of weather so here's hoping there's clouds on the way.       

 The Tiffany rose was blooming again. This is San Diego and not unusual for roses to bloom this time of year. The roses at the end of the street I mentioned are in bloom again, they got ugly mid summer but then they trimmed them and are back in bloom.

I want a rose garden.
                                      






No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...