Monday, March 27, 2023

And back to a sunny day garden.

 Need to get the gardening in before it rains in a few days and gets cold again. Hardly any breeze today but was windy last night. I could hear the wind chimes going off for a while. Which, as I've said is a good sign the weather will be changing. 

I took my entire garden basket down because I didn't know if I would need my gloves or clippers or seeds so brought the whole thing with me. 











She dug up everything and harvested what she could and put the remainder in the two pots. Some cilantro and fenugreek is all that was kept. I know there were a few onions she had going so she must have taken those with her. At least she realized the stick wasn't growing.

I decided to throw some lettuce seeds in the spare areas, barely scraped the soil and patted them down then watered in lightly. Can't tell but some went in between the peas and garlic and parallel between the two garlic rows.











The soil was rather crusty again on the surface but still rather damp underneath hence watering lightly. Just enough to get the seeds damp because the soil was warm but was only dry about an eight of an inch down. The ends of the black edging keep coming up on the back so I had to push that down again, the end on the left I had to coerce with the blade on my clippers to fit over the seam. should have done a bit longer so it fit over the seams and stayed down. Oh well, not critical.


The compost is loading up again, trimmed some of the lettuce and the lemon bush is loaded with flowers and bees. Yay!

The DIY seed tape in my mind is a bust, what is useful is the little origami envelopes that a friend made when she sent me some of her seeds. I've taken pictures of them before and figured out how they were made but now have instructions for others to use ( took pictures of one of my seed packets but apparently my phone and blogger aren't talking to each other anymore).


 There was another variation I saw that I'll have to try as well for larger seeds that is more vertical rectangle rather than trapezoid. This style is kind of fiddly as the two side flaps are loose when you open the top but that makes also for a nice pointy seeding chute which I used for planting the lettuce seeds.

Not much else to do, potatoes won't be done for a while, planted more lettuce and carrots are in so just more waiting and see what the rain brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...