Thursday, January 25, 2024

New post, weather is drying out.

 Ground is still saturated and big puffy clouds are drifting overhead. I'm going on an excursion on the weekend to visit a friend so likely no post Saturday or Sunday. The plants will survive without me like they have the past few rainy days.

I just discovered that pictures weren't uploaded, have to look at my settings on my phone dangit! So when that gets fixed, will continue with this post. With errands and such, took all day for me to get back to this. Literally.

Finally got everything synced, no idea what's going on. But on to the garden.

 










A view of the south-eastern sky earlier today. The colors in that photo are kind of echoed in the picture of the jade bush with a busy bee. I tried to use the macro lens on the flowers, the bees have found the giant tree that's in bloom that we park under as well. I swear an entire hive must be out in that tree right now! I tried to get a video but was busy going in and out. They'll be there tomorrow for sure.

Still looking good, the romaine is just doing fantastic and I again had to hold back and not cut any leaves off just yet. And as you can see in the upper left photo.... grrrr.











Any leaf on the ground is chewed to bits. I don't have any beer for traps and not enough open ground really for a large tray. No money for Sluggo, that will be for next month. Will have to look up the directions for doing a bread trap. It's the yeast smell that draws them to the trap.











Another shot of the jade bush and flowers and the green onion that I had no patience anymore and realized there were actually two so I pulled those and the three in between the potatoes.











I brought them all upstairs cut the tops off and dropped them in some water. Hope to get out tomorrow with them and plant them out in the west bed.  As I was digging around I tried to see if there was anything going on with that potato in the corner and sure enough, teeny tiny sprout coming up. I left it alone. Potatoes just are that vegetable that may move slow but they can give back from one season to the next. Mid summer is about the only time you don't plant potatoes.











I thinned out some more of the lettuces, they are all just intertwined in the soil so I suspect that's part of the issue with them not growing as much. Competition for nutrients and room. The other things are moving just as slow but those are doing what they're supposed to be doing. Then there's that thistle. Yes indeed that is a thistle too prickly to be prickly lettuce but who knows. I may check it on google lens to make sure. That leaf shape looks like prickly lettuce but there's a LOT more prickles on it. Google lens oddly didn't come up with anything. Weird. Will get a better picture of it tomorrow.

Well then I think I'm getting into the hang of using my phone now, hopefully with no hiccups anymore. I'm going to visit a friend over the weekend, still unsure whether I'm spending the night or not. Will know when the end of Saturday comes.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...