Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Another grey day but something new

 Good day, not too hot now, clouds are always moving but same static flat layer with only a few blue spots showing through. Another find on the community table that I made use of that takes care of the crate issue. Sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time and opportunities arrive.











But first, pictures for the algorithm of google. Peas and Romaine are outdoing themselves. The soil was sufficiently dry that I did end up watering. You can see the difference in the lighting between the two photos. Bright light but cloudy one moment and then the clouds move aside and blazing sun.











Found this shelf thing on the table, it seems to be a stacking kind for putting in a cupboard or counter. No holes in the plastic coating but it was slightly tacky feeling like someone tried to clean it off. So, it's smaller, sturdy enough and swapped it out for the crate and moved the unused cups/containers to the bucket near the compost.  Voila!

Much tidier and more room to get to the back of the bed. Once that was all done, the hose came out and I watered everything.


 I actually saw a pillbug walking on the dirt, picked that up and tossed it in the bushes and then in the other bed an earwig that got the same treatment. I really need to get some white vinegar in a container and soak the spray head.











Peas are popping everywhere on those vines and now realize I needed to plant them further apart. I tossed the tiny potatoes into the window box because I know if I put them in the compost or just toss them in the ground they're likely to sprout. I've got enough potatoes. I wish the tiny lettuces would get into gear though. There's some progress but not as much as there should be same with the two cauliflower that I left in the west bed. 

Running out of time right now for posting and no more pictures so that's it for today. Might comment on FB after I share it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...