Monday, April 1, 2024

And today... a break in the weather

 Beautiful skies, blustery wind but mostly sunny. Everywhere you turned was a gorgeous blue sky dotted with white clouds. Outside my window right now though, it's perfectly clear at 4:45pm. We had a lot of running around to do today so late getting to a post.











Actually darkened the bottom picture when I took it, then realized it was too dark so had to bring it up a bit. But yes, aqua and blue skies all around. There were some dark grey clouds along the east horizon but never came near us.


West bed is looking good, nothing seems to have munched on the romaine leaves so far. The onions and chives are going nuts! Need to figure out how to freeze dry them on my own but I think that involves dry ice which I do not have. Seriously though, the chives have a flower stalk on the main plant.











The lettuces will be ready to harvest by the end of the month for sure, yay! It's hard to see but there's a tiny carrot seedling coming up next to the carrots I'm holding back. Silly seeds just keep coming. Those carrots are still really deep though so have to wait a while longer to pull them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Doesn't look like the Red Sails did very well, these are all the green ones, I think in the fall I'll be trying for lettuce again if there's room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sweet peas are going to be the plant for me on that trellis for the cool season. I don't care if they don't produce food, they are a bumper crop of flowers for sure. I picked more pods from the snow peas and actually one pod had filled out a little with peas, they were delicous! I just ate the whole pod and the peas inside were little balls of sugar explosion. I think one of the peppers is trying to break though the soil. Right where the curve of my head shadow is and then the other four tomatoes still going. Those are pretty good odds and I suspect the rest of the peppers will come up soon enough. 

Need to remember the other peppers and of course the squash are in that small pot. So many dreams of having peppers like poblanos this year. If I could get soil to fill that crate I could plant peppers in that and by the time those are done I can drop some potatoes in there. 

So many plans for a garden that's too small for my big dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...