Sunday, April 28, 2024

Yay for sunshine for the plants! (a short post)

 The day dawned completely clear of clouds. Full on sunshine from all around, which is perfect for the pepper seeds that need the heat to germinate.











Standard caveat about the sky not being that deep blue but still wonderful to have all that sunshine finally with my screen screwed up it's harder to see what photo looks like until I get inside and look at it on my computer).











Watered thoroughly of course, and that cilantro plant is just keeling over since I pulled the other two plants out. That one will likely be the next to go and will keep the other plant for seeds. I'm really reluctant to give up any of my beds, but Dolores kind of needs it. Maybe after this summer I'll relinquish the west bed for her. 











That squash I tell ya, might be tempted to start another one but not sure where I would put it other than the west bed that has little enough room as it is. I'm doing mostly peppers and tomatoes this year gosh darn it.











Tomatoes, peppers and tomatillos seem to be coming along and it's about time right? But you can see the difference in the soils with the potting soil and perlite against the bedding mix and wood chips.

My beloved sweet peas just doing what they like to do and the onions coming along nicely. The 'bulb' onions are growing as fast as they are supposed to but have definitely improved compared to what they were in the pots.

And an experiment. I believe the rose hip I recently got was from the Angel Face and only now cut it open to expose the seeds. Pulled out as many as I could and dried them for a little before popping them into a little envelope. Will research on best time and situation for growing them from seed as I've never done it before. 

Will see what happens as always, gardening is an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...