Thursday, June 13, 2024

It's heating up a bit, garden is growing

 It's getting into the high 70's and is predicted to start topping into the 80's soon. Everything is still alive in the garden and growing good. I won't be able to get any fertilizer this month, again. Sigh. Thought I would have some extra money but then the electric bill pinged and it was about $20 more than I estimated.











Basically the same view, different focus, different day. It's not even starting out cloudy anymore now. True harbinger of summer is clear skies sun up to sun down. Bleh.

Trimmed more of the oregano to keep it the same height as much as possible, it's growing and filling out nicely.  I've seen how big they get so will keep an eye on it. The squash is finally putting out more leaves, keeping an eye on that as well and might lift it out of the hole a little tonight. I forgot to cover the other seedlings before dark last night so went out with a flashlight and covered them. Found about six rolly bugs wandering around and picked them out. No touchy my plants! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The tomatillos are doing great, kind of spindly and I actually knocked them over when I watered. Only thing I could find that  was long enough was the red net bag I had brought out there a while back. Untied both ends then pulled and ripped it into three or four pieces. I still had to put a stake in the middle for support. Hopefully by the time they get big enough they'll be okay with just the cage.

The hose has developed a bulge right behind the brass collar. It's progressively gotten worse and bound to spring a serious leak very soon. I certainly don't have the money even for a replacement kit so will have to see what Dolores does.











I noticed the mint was getting a bit ragged looking with some pest problems so I had my clippers yesterday and trimmed it a bit. As I was looking at the clippings I noticed a tiny familiar bug. Assassin Bug nymph, which technically I should have left over there but I tossed all the clippings over in the compost. While walking Rocky I also saw that the Belladonna patch was completely flattened, as it should be and the Amaryllis bulbs were about to bloom. 

There's always something that catches me by surprise, like I just noticed that the small tree over in the back neighbors yard where the Eucalyptus was, have what looks like a pomegranate 'tree'. I can see the flower from here and it certainly looks like it. Who'd have thought.

That's pretty much it for now, until more transplants happen or something else, won't post as much. 

'Nothing to see here, move along.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...