Friday, July 26, 2024

Test test-yes it's summer

I was trying alternate browsers to see if it's the browser or Blogger and the consensus seems to be Blogger. The same photo issue is on all browsers so I will just continue on using Firefox because that's what I'm used to and just deal with the picture issue.











This was my afternoon visit around 4pm so the west bed is shaded but the raised bed is still in full sun.I watered anyway because it was hot and dry. 












Yesterday and this morning. Size and color difference and the one in the fridge is about the same size as the one on the right. According to pictures they're a bit bigger than prime size and a bit paler in color but still within reason. I thought they were supposed to be a bit smoother but some pictures show the bumpy size. 4-7" is well within range so I might even pick the other ones on the bush as well.

 
















Leaf edges are getting burned and curled from the intense heat. I am trying not to water more than once a day when it's this hot. The ground beds can go every other day and now with the shade of the huge squash leaves, the soil in the raised bed is staying moist longer as well. Around the edges, not so much so I will likely monitor those areas closer. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
The tomatoes are growing well still, several flowers on the taller plant and the peppers are going to be just fine getting fruit soon  hopefully. Probably by end of August for sure, really late season and kind of  miffed about it. 

Tomatillo flower, shredded squash flower after I pollinated and the little jalapeƱos. Talk about late season for those! 











I watered the log pile for the lizards and as you can see on the right in that photo, Layla still has not dug up her tomatoes to replant with my gifted ones so I'll be posting on the exchange group for them and might give her some seeds for the larger variety tomatoes I have. The potatoes. Continue to put up growth because the roots are close to the surface. I need about four inches of soil in that bed and about a foot in the raised bed. 

If I could get four corners like the raised bed and some bolts I could put together another long narrow bed for that area, I still have two straight pieces. Talk about a perpetual potato bed if that happens.

Hoping for my birthday to get enough soil and supplies for fall/winter planting. The garden bed website says it would end up 2' x 3.5'. That works out perfectly for what I need. I just need to find out how much the corners are. I had to go waaayyy back and find when I got it to make sure I was looking for the right company. It is a Birdies not Vego which is hte other company and even though they look similar, the height, thickness and holes could be off by 'just enough' to not work. 
As always will see what happens and hope for birthday gift for myself in October.

Off I go, still too hot outside and tolerable inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...