Friday, August 16, 2024

Pollination and a baby (reptile) visitor!

A few wispy clouds today but it's merely swipes against the blue sky, nothing even close to approaching a rain cloud.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything was rather wilty last night when I checked on things but it was not just a reaction to 90 degree heat but the soil was dry also so I watered. Even this morning they were starting to droop even though the soil is still very wet from watering last night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This little guy skittered across the path from the lemon bush to hide in the west bed. The chicken wire has roughly 1" holes and he is smaller than that without his tail.  Itty bitty teeny weeny! I had to water so splashed him a few times which startled him but stuck around.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried to pick him up but fingers don't bend well and it was a tight space so it was just going to stay tucked in there. That's all well and good, I know why the lemon bush is likely a great spot due to the leaf litter and it being out of the way I suspect there's a good nest under there. From what I read, this is a new hatchling! IF there's one, there's more! Yay!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Poblanos are getting to size! I also took flowers from the opposite bushes and pollinated other flowers. I hope. I forgot the requisite tools of course and now I understand why a brush is better. The little anthers are hooked so using another flower it's like avoiding the hooks so you don't break them off. I'll try again tonight but I should have marked the ones I pollinated because it'll be hard to remember. I was just pulling flowers off each bush one at a time so had to be careful.

That's all the garden news for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...