Monday, September 9, 2024

Not so amazing ....

 It has been so hot I have only gone out in the morning before the brunt of the heat and then don't dare set foot outside until the next morning. So not much in the way of picturesque photos. The wind is blowing now because in the next five days the temp will drop thirty degrees during the day and clouds will come in but likely no rain. It's rather hazy outside considering so many wildfires north of us in San Bernadino and the battery warehouse fire locally.... if the wind is coming from the northwest, it's from the SB fire.

 Those screenshots are morning on the 8th and evening of the 7th. You can see how the temperature tracked. It's brutal on people, animals and plants. What I didn't get a screenshot of was 104 and 107 the last two days.










 
And then this happened yesterday morning. The hose finally gave out and of course  I don't have money for a replacement, not sure if Dolores is going to fix it, I know how by shortening the hose a bit so if it's not fixed tonight when I check on things I'll bring my clippers and screwdriver down just in case.
 










 
Watering yesterday morning or the day before and noticed a large white thing.... it's part of a bird egg! No idea what kind of bird but kind of made me happy to see a bird dropping the shell in my garden. The nest must not be far though, but with all the trees in the area it could be anywhere and anything. First hit on my query for google was Eurasian Collared Dove....and guess what we have in the area? I stirred up the soil two days ago and it seemed damp enough but a bit drier around the west side. I used the water in the bucket to wet the soil near the poblano since the hose was broken.
 











I meant to sweep up the caterpillar poop but forgot the broom and this morning the gardener was out there with the blower darn it. The poor tomatillos were sagging badly because I didn't get out there last night to water. I flooded everything (except the south bed) without the sprayer since Dolores must have taken it off. No sign of Manny and hope he's getting some food, only sweat bees were out there yesterday and today in the morning.











::insert string of rude words:: They did it again! Stupid gardener stripped the roses!  ::more rude words:: Sure they've survived so far but this is so unnecessary! 

Okay getting warm now inside, we've managed to keep it to mid to high 80's inside until the afternoon and then the sun blasting on the front wall drives the temp up to 90 in the kitchen and close to that where there isn't a fan blowing.

Sigh... it looks awful outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...