Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Finally getting a break

 In the weather at least. Everything survived when I forgot to water the day before it was 104. A few yellow leaves on the bigger tomatillo but other than that, it's finally going to be under 90 for the next few days. YAY!











The moon last night after dusk and the temperature on Monday evening a little after 6 pm. Which means it was seriously hot that day. Four day streak over 100 from Friday to Monday and then it was in the 90's until today. For the next week it's going to be in the high 70's and maybe 81 a day or two. YAY!











The tomatoes are looking rather tired and end of season and they only just got started. The two smaller ones are putting out fruit just because of the temperatures and lack of nutrients. 












I was trying to hold the orange tomato to get a picture of it in my hand and it came off so... yeah. Then I saw another of the tiny jalapeƱos changing color and pulled that one. The little tomatillos on the dying bushes are filling the husk at pea size and the fish pepper is showing stripes (hard to see but they are).


Finally spotted Manny after four days! I took three pictures but that one is the only one that was in focus. Still hanging upside down waiting for food. I also noticed that a lot of the flowers on the bushes are not being pollinated but there's more than enough fruit ripening just fine.











All totaled there's at least six or seven about the same size so far that I can find so good enough for a first time crop.

Remember how the hose broke? I was in the garden and Dolores came out and we started chatting, she had taken off the sprayer so it was just the hose but still had the two points where it leaked. I asked her if she wanted me to fix the hose because I have the tools and she said 'oh it will still be broken I don't think it can be fixed'. I should have pressed the issue and gone upstairs to get my tools because the next day, she just just off about a food of the hose. Didn't bother putting the clamp and end back on, just hacked off the end. ::sigh:: 

Another case of why don't people listen? I offered to fix it and didn't give any details and my credentials on fixing several hoses in my career. So watering is now with the finger over the hose to spray as best possible. Neither of us has any extra money until next month so unless she has some extra cash from her husband, it will stay ghetto hose for a while.

You know the frustration of knowing you could fix something and finding out you were not only ignored but it was done poorly after the fact. 

Okay that's enough for now, other people are planning their winter crops and I'm over here .... waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...