Monday, February 28, 2022

Holding steady and weather the same.

 A verbal altercation with an old fart in a huge new truck ruined most of my mood today but now am calm and got out to the garden that sort of depressed me even more but also gave me an idea. 

Nothing new growing, everything growing is hanging in there and since the weather is sunny and very warm had to water really well.











I was reading an article on gardening and it mentioned keeping the soil cool and moist so the seedlings can emerge easier. It's a bit too late for that I think but gave it a shot anyway. While I was watering I looked at the log pile, looked at the bed and started building. A fort? A bonfire? Nope, a shelter.

Should have done this a while ago but will see what happens. Crisscrossed over the area where I planted the carrots giving partial shade to help cool down the soil. I watered the logs before I put them on there so they weren't radiating as much heat. I added just a few over the area where the beans are supposed to be but since those haven't come up either, .... sigh.

Some of the radishes are showing red stringy stem between the leaves and the soil so I doubt those will be forming any bulb. I really am trying to get this to work. Less than ideal situations give less than ideal results.

If I did open up the tomato it would go perpendicular to the bed toward the wall. Lots of morning and afternoon sun and doesn't cast shade on the rest of the bed. I suppose I could take one of the other cages and put it next to it like I did before. Hmmm. 

Anyway, it's feeling like spring again with clear skies, light breeze and warm sun. Wonderful weather for being outside and doing stuff in the garden or park or wherever.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...