Sunday, February 27, 2022

Nothing to post yesterday, same as today

 So there are seedlings coming up but I don't think they are seeds I planted. Too small and scattered to and don't look like carrots or radish. Definitely not peas or beans. Sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

South bed on the left, north/tomato bed on the right. What am I doing wrong here? That north bed is getting a lot more sun than the south bed and the carrots are coming up just fine. I did read that it can take up to three weeks and they need a lot looser soil. Such delicate little things.

Right. Going to be throwing some beans in that north bed pretty soon, the recently acquired ones and see what happens. Weather continues to be mostly clear, dry and cold. I didn't water when I looked today but watered yesterday and things were still looking a little damp I dug out some verified weeds before they got too much bigger.











The one on the left I think is an actual seedling I planted, the other stuff isn't. That might be a bean... maybe. Frustration of starting seeds too soon before it's warmed up sufficiently. Hence why I forget to post. Some may ask why I don't start in a seed tray or planter... because I don't have the room. Why not put it in a planter in the garden? Because if I'm going to start a seedling tray I need it to be close at hand.. currently the place where I could put a starter is occupied by the two buckets for cat box cleaning.  Can't put anything on the railing, as per rules. Technically might be able to get a rack of some sort and just shift things over a bit.  Gardening is not my life though it was at one time, it is a hobby at this point and something to do other than sit inside on the computer.

Besides, it would be another thing we would have to pack up should we need to move.

The tomato is just pumping out fruit and flowers that are all pollinating. I have no idea how they are going to turn out as one small one is turning lighter green already. Much too early.





















None of the flowers are falling off, turning brown and holding on which means just about all of them are going to turn into fruit. I just might have to get a different trellis and extricate the current one so it can spread out. 

Saw a pair of red shouldered hawks mating yesterday. Kind of hard not to notice when the male is screaming, I looked up where the sound was coming from and .... dismount. Well at least I know there's going to be some fledglings soon somewhere.

Yay for wild nature! As opposed as the more annoying 'civilized' people that live around me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...