Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Not much to do, not many pictures

 Early phone call that took a while then taking care of paperwork having to do with that so didn't get out until almost 1 pm. Yeesh!

Everything is about the same, gave a good watering and the two suspicious white things are indeed, fungus. I was watering and it knocked them down almost flat, just took a chance and picked them up gently. Definitely had the look of fungus but no reference material to identify. Warm soil/weather + water + organic material = prime fugus growing. It may well have come from the compost but that's not a bad thing at all. Again thought I got a picture but didn't, oh well.











After the watering and pulling a little grass behind the peas before they encroach much further.











Really need to get something to put in the potato bed. When I get some money. Still haven't figured out how to make the concept art for the garden idea I have. I have so many ideas though and am slowly trying to build my 3D art skills to make images and objects.

I have many dreams of a garden to play in and can't do much with what I've got at the moment. I'm a great idea person but not so good on follow through because of different factors getting in the way outside of my own issues.

The thing about gardening is, procrastination is not as big an issue in a way. You could put off planting at a certain time and miss the window for that particular crop, but then if you  have the seeds or plants, just plant the next ones. In my area the growing season is so long that you could put off planting something by a week and you're still good usually. Putting off watering... not so much in the middle of summer but that's true almost everywhere else. Having mulch would save me on watering so much, but also that means I wouldn't have much to do there in a week. More stuff to do maybe? I haven't turned the compost pile in a while, meh I can do that tomorrow. 

Definitely getting strawberries though, three in the potato bed and three mixed in with the peppers. They're still good to plant until the middle of June along with some flowers and even tomatoes. Still want those chives though. My other dream is being self sufficient for some of my food. Make my own cheese and butter (honest, not that hard), grow enough veggies to give some to others, teach kids how to garden..all the things. No cows. Too much work and cost, chickens maybe, ducks definitely. All this of course requires more income than I have right now. So it's just a dream.

Have to make do with what I've got to work with and do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...