Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Me and my faulty memory

 Planning on going out and getting some of that mulch today but surprisingly the beans survived their transplant! Might have to cover up the base of that long tall sprout but the mulch may take care of that.











The cucumbers are growing like the zucchini did. The one on the left is smaller for whatever reason other than age. That picture also reminds me I need to dig those weeds out and move the bark pieces so I don't cover up the beans.











Will see what happens today in full heat of day. Also me and my faulty stupid memory forgot I planted beans in the south bed. I wanted to get the bark and bits out of the way to prep for the mulch and didn't realize what I had done until I turned some dirt over and uncovered one of the seeds.

 
I picked up the 'random' bits of bark thinking they were leftover from something else. So the bits of bark are now tossed to the outside of the bed and I started digging the trowel in to loosen the dirt and check for tunnels. The bean closest to the peppers was suddenly uncovered. Pushed it back in and covered it. Sigh. I am not sure about that sunflower in the corner that had the center had been nipped. Hard to tell but it's got something coming out just not sure how long it's going to take.

When we get the mulch I'll water first and then put the mulch down and water again. That's the way to do it so the mulch doesn't draw water from the soil. Okay before it gets too late we're off to get the mulch and will have pictures of that process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...