Wednesday, August 10, 2022

So frustrated and desperate.

 It was about to bloom! It was going to bloom this weekend! I dug the trowel in and found the tunnel right there. No sign of disturbance on the surface, not even the soil under the mulch.

The peppers are wilted but hate to think they were sabotaged as well. Going to check tonight because it's too damn hot to be out there right now and I'm depressed about what I might find.

On the nicer side of things, the yellow rose is blooming, and the migrating parrots are back and hanging out in the sycamores. They prefer to have clear branches when they perch so you can tell where they are and where they have been, also from the amount of leaves on the ground.
 











The parrots are the same color as the leaves and looking for them in a shaded area so it was hard to see them. I did notice one had their wings open a little, they're as hot as we are and nothing I can do about it to help them.

Still no female flowers it seems and that branch on the left down below has attached to the chicken wire. It's all good, because more branches mean more flowers and possible fruit right? I did pull a couple of the lower leaves off that had the most damage from the miners and then noticed some marking on the bean to the right of the cucumbers.
 











The smaller tan dot not the larger one is a mite, there's another smaller one below the large tan ball. I was so disgusted between the gopher and this I didn't remember to throw it away until I got to the lawn area and just tossed it aside. I noticed the holes from yesterday had been filled in. So that was a sure sign they were on the move again. I just feel like there should be a piece of heavy metal plat I can use the shovel and drive it into the dirt to block them. Cause too much of a racket though and as I've moaned about before. It's not my property so it's not worth the effort. Might as well stay inside like the rest of them.

Just when you think you're ahead of things.... I'm not going to be proud of anything from now on because even that little bit tells karma to come get me. I don't expect the peppers or the other sunflowers to survive at this point. 

Just makes me want to cry is all.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...