Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Missed a day or two

 Decided to go out this evening since I hadn't been there yesterday. Weather is still nippy 'sweater weather' with light cloudy overcast and low temperatures. I'll take it over running the AC for 24 hours any day.

Good thing I went when I did because.... they're still around

Big fresh dirt pile right there and a smaller clump that was dried already in the compost pile. They can chew that up all they want but when I was walking rocky I noticed something I thought I would need..and may still need it. I did forget the little baggies of kitchen scraps when I went down today, another reason to get there tomorrow and add to the pile.

Apparently they replaced a door screen, if it's still there tomorrow I may grab it to put under the compost pile. Makes a nice sifter as well if you know how to pull threads to open the holes more. It's not like shade cloth that I was rather handy at pulling a thread to get a straight line to cut. Screen  may be woven but it's fiberglass not plastic so may be a bit more difficult. Will have to bring scissors with me when I go down tomorrow and hope it's there.

I used the shovel and took some of the dirt pile that was there and tossed it into the raised bed and a little on the compost. Stirred that up really well with the trowel and dug the hole where the dirt pile was. It was dark and fresh so it had to happen within a few hours before I got down there.

That was after stirring it with my trowel and the garbage can was probably what was used for putting on my raised bed not the bigger container thankfully. 

So anyway, cold and damp but no real rain for the most part which makes for nice days if I had something to do in the garden other than worry about not doing anything in the garden. Which reminds me I need to pull out my seeds and see what I have left and what I can plant in the next month or so. 

Definitely going to do some leafy greens, carrots, radishes...root crops do better in looser soil that was confirmed by an article I read. January may be the best month to plant things if we don't get a lot of rain. Not too warm and not too cold but cold enough I need a jacket or sweater going out in the morning or late afternoon.

It's FALL BABY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...