Sunday, February 26, 2023

A clearish spot so got outside

 We had rain mixed with hail last night, rained most of the day.  It's now big puffy white clouds, beautiful blue skies and a cold breeze. Even the doves had to take shelter yesterday on our kitchen window.











So this is what winter weather should be? Well without the snow of course, at least where I am. The local mountains got snow but can't see it from where I am. We're due more rain midweek and then partial clouds...and repeat to the end of March.

 



 Everything survived the rain and light hail thankfully, you never know with seedlings and the weather. The cilantro is doing great, the lettuce is slowly surviving. The leaves in that bed were collected in the hole I dug a potato so I pulled those off. I'm debating on whether to keep that there for a later crop but then it will likely be rotted by the time it's warm enough to grow.

Very proud of those potatoes and if it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll throw some fertilizer on them. I'll get my act together some day and remember to put fertilizer down before I plant anything. I got a shot of the entire raised bed and it's now showing more green. Again, hard to see the onions but those are coming up nicely. I pinched some of the fertilizer mush from the biggest pea and put it around the smaller ones because it was obvious which had benefited from the extra food.


I am rather piqued as to what exactly is eating the radish seedlings. They are trying to grow and I am wondering what in the heck is small enough that is moving around in that bed to eat them. The potatoes don't seem to be bothered much anymore and again, what the heck is eating them. Hopefully they survive to first real leaves and the cold wet weather.

I keep wanting to plant more in that bed because there's so much open space right now. Did I mention I'm the worst combination of lazy and impatient gardener? 

Still feeling very excited and hopeful all of this worry will be for nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...