Thursday, September 28, 2023

In a rush today, late start, seeds planted, onions pulled

 Another clear and warm day today. We had to actually turn the AC and fans on yesterday because it was going to be 84 outside but was already almost that inside. More comfy today at noon but will see what happens later. 

Pictures from yesterday I didn't get to or forgot:

I watered and smoothed then used one of the green poles to scratch planting lines. Trays and strawberry... singular as I pulled the other one that had no roots whatsoever.

Everything was dry on the surface this morning but also.... stupid cats in the garden.











Fat caterpillar I rustled from Dolores' kale along with three green ones. Tossed them all over the wall of course. Stupid cat trampled my green onions and likely peed where the stick used to be. Wouldn't be surprised if it kicked it out of the bed. Since I pulled the onions, tonight will be cutting the chicken wire to put over it. Grumble.











Yanked them all, cleaned them and then bagged them with soggy paper towel and put in the fridge. I planted cilantro along the left side of the raised bed from the last of the purchased seeds. I then I picked out the Red Devil B radishes and Crimson Giant and sowed those in the front and second row, intermixing a bit. Tried to cover them as lightly as possible with smoothest soil possible. Someone said radish seeds are tiny... obviously they have never planted lettuce or poppy.  They may be used to things like melons and bigger seeds. Heck even tomato seeds are the same size or slightly bigger than radish. Will water them in tonight. Yes I'm taking a chance with the pill bugs eating the seedlings, will see about getting some diatomaceous earth (DE) sometime, somewhere.... in my dreams.

The thyme sprig still seems to be hanging in there, will see if it needs water or cover or something tonight. Like I said I was in a rush and everything will be fine until tonight. 

Still haven't had a chance to get to the library for more seeds.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...