Friday, September 29, 2023

More seeds and cat deterrent in place

 With the wind today it does herald change of weather this weekend hopefully. App and news still says rain on Saturday so we will see how much we get. I watered since there are seeds in the ground. Will be keeping that damp as much as possible.












But first, a friendly garden helper spotted. I don't think it's the same one as the other was a bit longer and brown, this one looks a little younger or it could be this is the next instar of the one I saw and it's just not grown out yet. A potted ficus on the patio is where I saw it and if not for Rocky going in that direction I would not have caught it up close. It had it's eyes on me and stayed hunkered down until I backed away and held still a moment.











The pepper seems to have lost more leaves but is recovering. I am not watering it at all purposely but did get a bit of a splash when I was watering the cilantro sprigs.











So you know how it goes, water, water, water... okay I think that's enough. Moved a piece of bark aside and then shifted some of the soil to cover the cilantro seeds... bone dry right under the surface. Alrighty then, back to the hose, I've learned not to turn it off unless I know for sure everything is watered well. 

After watering I pulled out the Danvers 1/2 long and the Red Core Chantenay seeds and sprinkled those in the two rows in front of the peas. Talk about tiny seeds for those Danvers! I'm getting the hang of how to shake the envelope to get them to come out mostly in a row. The Chantenay were a bit bigger and I had a lot more of those so they came out a bit more than I was expecting but that's what thinning is for right?


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The cat deterrent was temporarily placed last night. I had it still attached to the roll because I was rushed. Just stomped on it on the ground to get it mostly flat. I cut it off this morning and it gives good coverage and it slightly domed so I can take those logs out tonight and maybe put some lettuce and green onion seeds in there. Going to try and do the same thing for the raised bed but that one seems to be unmolested at this point. 


The one onion is shooting up but the other, since it was crumpled, is having a harder time. I need to plant some green onions over there and on the opposite side that I mistakenly sowed cilantro. It's all good and there's plenty of room. Could even do an in between seeding of the carrots and radishes with onion if I want, still have some of the bunching onion seed left. Had to go find that as I had it in my warm season seeds.
I moved the lettuce trays back to the shade since it's still very warm out. If those don't take I still have plenty of the lettuce seed left for successive planting.

So there it is, raised bed is seeded, I was supposed to put lettuce in front of the peas but oh well. I didn't have very good success with radish and carrots in the ground, will see what happens in the raised bed.

 And that's all the plants that are fit to plant.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...