Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year!

 As I write this new year is about two and a half hours away still but it's something to look forward to. Not a lot of brand new spiffy things but every day is a new day with the chance to be better.

Meanwhile, back in the plant world. 











Despite the gloomy looking clouds it hasn't rained but it did before the sun came up. Leaves and grass were wet which made for an unhappy and grouchy kitty on his morning walk.











A picture of the completely butchered lantana and hibiscus. I said out loud to her that she must not like bushes very much but I couldn't hear what she answered. So aggravating. And yet there is new life, Dolores planted a celery bottom and it's sprouting! I'm going to have to try that myself sometime.











 
Just so stinkin proud of how well things are growing right now. Those potatoes are going to completely swallow everything on that side of the bed, but the other three are not far behind now. The carrots and cilantro and romaine are growing leaps and bounds in the west bed. 
The oregano I'm a bit concerned about, some of the leaves are turning soft brown and pinkish which is two different things. I need to bring my clippers down and trim that back. I think it's getting too much water, causing the brown leaves (down right) and the taller branches need to be cut entirely to give more energy to the rest of the plant. I'm tempted to dump out the cauliflower (gently) and get some of those planted out, but being in a container the temperature fluctuates more, they may slow down being in the cold ground right now. 

Will see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow. It's only going to be cloudy and cold, no rain for another few days hopefully.
 
Happy New Gardening Year to everyone!
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...