Friday, March 29, 2024

'Calm' before the storm and garden visitor.

 More breezy today and those wonderful puffy clouds on a pale blue sky. Not much happening in the garden until I start planting more seeds.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just more shots of the pretty sky and trees from different angles. Just enough breeze to need a light jacket, birds are chirping away and it certainly feels like spring now.











 

The viburnum bushes are in bloom and smell lovely. Same with the Indian Hawthorns in full glorious pink soon. The bushes are loaded with buds and by next week they will be covered in pink. 


 Spotted one of the smaller lizards on the fence. I really need to get an anti glare cover for my phone so I can see what I'm trying to take a picture. Monarch spotted on my walk yesterday taking advantage of the near wild potted plants in front of a house. Same house I got the seeds from an onion, which are blooming again. The only clue  I have about why they have gigantic onions is to keep gophers away. That would be true in the ground but in a pot?











Planted three squash seeds in the pot and instead of keeping it up on the porch just put it out in the garden so it gets warmed up and some rain this weekend. Since it was in the shade more, it was a lot more wet than the tomato tray. I gave those some water at least since they're so small.

The Romaine is sprouting from the sides! I knew if you cut above the base the center would regrow I forgot that's something they can do. Will have to see if the snails go after the leaves like they are the center. Cauliflower are still growing and, as I've said, likely won't be able to get a good head before it gets too warm. I dug down to check on the carrots and they were still rather pale and very deep so they aren't ready yet either but look at that lettuce!











And the cilantro in the corner just going crazy. I need to plant some seeds in that south bed but then I remember I still want to add some compost there. And fertilizer and more soil for the raised bed.....

Gardening isn't cheap but it certainly beats a therapist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

A little trimming, a lot of sunshine.

 My how the weather changes. Yesterday, barely any sun, today, nothing but since the sun came up. Perfect gardening weather really, actually...