Saturday, June 8, 2024

Almost planting time, short post

 Weather is heating up sooner and sooner in the day now. It wasn't that cloudy this morning and cleared off before 11 so it's going to be warmb as we say. Weather app says only 75 but it feels hotter. I heard a few birds this morning, last evening some purple finches were perched on the trampoline 'fence/surround' chirping away. 'What happened to our home! Our nest, all the branches... the tree is gone!', I also heard a Bewick's Wren outside, this morning. Not nearly the same amount of chatter though.











The roses are rebounding nicely though. All that new growth is coming out strong and healthy. I almost picked the strawberry but it wouldn't come easily so I left it. The smaller one that was next to it had shriveled so I yanked it. Two more possible fruits coming in, will see what happens.











Silly, silly potatoes. I suspect that smaller one may be a spud from the larger plant because there wasn't anything there when I planted the cauliflower. The onions are growing thicker at the base, and if they really are white potatoes I'll have those two probably by the end of summer. The base of the stem is at least as thick as my thumb now.


 The tomatillos in the ground are looking really good. At least the taller one is. I hope I can get out  and water tonight because the soil really is looking dry. I decided to chance taking the chicken wire off and put cages around the plants. Best to do it now then later when they're too big. Cage on the left is a 42" and the right hand one is probably 36. I almost planted out two of the tomatoes in the raised bed but held off because I want to put the squash in as well and it doesn't have another set of leaves yet. I'm hoping to get some sort of barrier to protect them all as well.

Oh when I moved the rose container to take a picture there must have been about eight pill bugs underneath. Need to figure out how to make a good trap for them to lure them away from the beds. No money for buying anything again so will have to see what I can come up with on the fly.

That's all the pictures I have but have found some old photos from the garden finally. Will be sprinkling those around here and there.

All for now.

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Great expectations and more invasion

 Not much in the way of noteworthy pictures so will just get down to it. It's warm this week but again it cools off when the sun goes do...