Friday, June 21, 2024

Can't wait to get a new hose


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Summer Solstice to all in the northern hemisphere! The last rays of the sun shine on the liquidambar in that bottom picture. Jacaranda in full bloom and the haze is slowly dissipating. Weather is going to be in the 90's this weekend. Right now I'm sitting with the fan on as it's only in the high 70's right now. The view of a cluster of beautiful Jacaranda flowers right outside my window makes me smile. There's a group on FB called 'view from my window' and I never followed it because my views are rather boring compared to world wide views.












Tried not to move too much but jiggle always happens when you have to tap the button on the camera to actually take a picture. Oh and that yard has been in that state for a week  now. Not sure what's holding up the finishing but I am assuming they don't intend to cut that tree down anymore. But anyway..... clear, sunny warming up seriously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Can't wait to get a new hose. I brought the pocket hose over to do watering, not a fan of them in general really but they are lightweight and don't take up much space. It's just the depressurizing that's annoying when you have to run the water and want to let it out over one of the beds it shrinks and pulls. The cilantro seedlings are gaining size nicely, and I noticed a few sprouts near the potatoes in the west bed. I might cut down the coriander stems and see if I can find a pillow case to put over it to let them dry without having them come up everywhere.


 










As I said, everything got watered very well as it was bone dry and the tomatoes seemed to be complaining loudly about it to me. I might go scratch in some more fertilizer tonight when it cools down. The tall onions are continuing to bulb at the base but still have a ways to go before they're ready.











I'm pretty sure that smaller onion is a green bunching because it's completely different than the other two. Yes there's an age difference but the neck is longer and coloring is different. Will wait and see of course not much else to do at this point. Will see about pinching off that bent leaf and tasting it to test the difference. After looking at pictures of white onions actually in the ground, yeah, I am pretty sure I have two white onions and one green onion.


 










The dichondra is slowly taking over the lawn between the building and the patio. Not a bad thing in my mind since I like dichondra more than fescue. The trees are al a lovely shade of green, I'm partial to blues, greens and browns together because that's what I grew up with in front of our house. We were surrounded by trees in our back yard and then visiting the redwoods when we moved to Northern CA. Houses are a necessity but I am a proponent of lots of greenery around to mitigate the heat reflection and absorption, and as my pictures show, the opposite has happened due to poor planning and maintenance. 

Life goes on and we can't stop time because of change.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...