Friday, June 28, 2024

Everything is still growing

 The weather is still warm but manageable today so far. Good thing about good soil is it stays moist for longer than you think. Nothing needed watering today due to the heavy soaking I did yesterday. A better picture of the orange amaryllis this time in the evening. Two full flowers open and the color is almost correct, slightly more orange though.












Some little rascal got into the west bed again, thinking it's likely the opossum that I saw months ago. I suppose I'll have to put the cage back over the top just in case. Not digging up the plants just digging in the soft soil and frankly if it's eating pill bugs and worms I'm all for that. There is finally visible signs of growth on the tomatoes and peppers, the squash is even perking up a lot so I think the fertilizer is kicking in now.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Three open flowers on the tomatillo now, yay! I could swear those are supposed to be taller plants but this is what I've got and not going to complain. The wilting I noticed the other day was, in fact, the heat. They looked fine when I went out in the evening when it was cooler. The cilantro is still growing plus something odd as well. Not cilantro but similar broad leaf and not one of the grasses that I've seen all over but you never know. I also think that one of the little seedlings is already putting out mature leaves, the almost carrot looking ones. I didn't notice that until I was  circling the larger leaf at the back. I don't remember planting carrots and it would be a total surprise if one came up there so I'm thinking it's cilantro bolting already. Which is not unexpected given how hot it was, that's why I dropped the seeds in the back where they would get more shade and hopefully cooler. 

Four more months of warm weather, which reminds me I need to get some of the peat pellets again before the end of July for seed starting for the fall. It's not even July and I'm planning ahead already. But I have carrots, onions, radishes, lettuces up the wazoo, cauliflower and cilantro to put in for the winter. Have to start planning the potato crate too. Going to need at least a full bag of soil if not two for that crate. 

Wondering if I can finagle some window screen from the maintenance guys for that. Then I have to figure out where to put it.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...