Thursday, June 6, 2024

Noisier day 2-Almost all gone.

While I was looking for other photos I found one that I had taken from the west end of the fence that showed all the trees. It had to have been three or four years ago, I cannot for the life of me find that photo. I've looked through all the photo folders and possible places and just cannot find that photo. Sigh. And again, apologies for the quality of the photos, dirty screen on window and windows are filthy. Second story windows are a pain to clean.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Because two cars were not moved in time the trucks parked literally right under our window for the first half hour. Prime viewing spot for the construction/big machine aficionado, he said it was better than anything on tv this morning.


 Just after they started actual work I  noticed a cup sitting on one of the fence posts and had to take a picture. All that wood dust and debris flying, that better be an empty cup buddy.

I keep seeing birds flying by right now as it's sunset and feel very sad for the doves and other birds that might have had nests or a roosting spot.












All gone. Except for the saplings from the Melia and one trunk of the pepper that's still there on the far, far right. If they don't get rid of those too, they'll be coming back for sure. It's really unnerving to not see any trees there. Very depressing.











But there are still good things in the garden. Both lilies are open and my strawberry is coloring up nicely! Definitely keeping it there and not planting where any of the pill bugs and snails can get at it. 


I gave up on the tomatillos. They were getting more and more yellow, one had lost a leaf and a half due to bugs, they are really early, early season plants and heavy feeders. 

I pulled the last carrot and cut the cauliflower as the head is loosening due to the heat. Ah well, tomatoes and peppers are almost ready to put out.

See that red circle? I thought at first it was maybe something from the cauliflower given the leaves felt kind of waxy. I tried to pull it and the dirt moved aside and I saw a silly little red potato! Maybe it's from the bigger plant so that area now has to get covered with more soil. That was supposed to be my pepper and tomatillo bed! The tomatillos in the south bed seem to be doing okay, the bigger one is better than the smaller one. It seems they have a minimum age limit on when to transplant them for survival.

I watered everything today because of how warm it's been and continuing through the rest of the  month. Summer temperatures are here finally.... bleh. It feels hot because we had to close up everything for a few hours. It was maybe 80 outside but now with the trees gone it's going to be a lot warmer with the sun reflecting off the roof and walls of the duplex right into our window.

Sigh.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Great expectations and more invasion

 Not much in the way of noteworthy pictures so will just get down to it. It's warm this week but again it cools off when the sun goes do...