Thursday, August 8, 2024

A little cloud cover, still a lot of heat.

 So partly cloudy but still kind of warm especially in the sun. With the breeze and shade it's tolerable for me. Temps are going to climb back up to intolerable by the weekend unfortunately.

(Photo uploads for the blog are being funky again,  said it couldn't upload at this time, picture didn't show up immediately and had to close it out and come back to it.)



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Manny is turning green now. Not so tan or pale, definitely see a green tinge so at least they're growing. Just don't know what it's eating to stay alive.


The squash still continues to produce non productive fruit. I pollinated that one and the one down left but so far, no male flowers after this mornings pollenizing.




 








Sad, sad tomatoes this year. Same time last year I was picking ripe one almost every day and that trellis was loaded with three plants. I just hope I can get new soil for the winter/spring crops.











I just might have some decent jalapeƱos in a few weeks. There's two nice ones at the bottom and three or four more up at the top, at least three poblanos growing yay! And I was worried I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. The fruit is vastly different so not hard at all once they start producing. 


Lemon bush is still being attacked by leaf miners but is putting fruit out, and Dolores' mint is blooming. I mentioned to her that once she cuts it back and it gets more shade it will have bigger leaves. She doesn't really used it and asked me what could be done with it. I told her Greek food uses it a lot but I just like the smell. 

She grows things by accident like the mint and her wild and crazy cherry tomato that finally bit the dust and she cut down. It got overwatered and died I told her it was done and she finally cut all the laves off and it was a brown stick. I noticed yesterday it was cut to the ground. She's probably still hoping it will come back. I have peppers from it and may well grow another plant from seed for her. 











So I tossed these out today. The clear plastic and black containers I used for seedling trays were completely warped by the heat. That feather was a lot nicer looking a few days ago, looks like the sun melted it too and it's hard to see but the plastic is warped following the curve of the feather. It has been brutal heat in the garden due to the cinder block walls reflecting the heat. Oddly enough the yellow styrene tray from some meat is just fine so I guess tehre's temperature limits that vary. 

I got out this evening and took more pictures but will save those for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments, Concerns...

Happy Fall Equinox Y'all!

It was clear and sunny with not a cloud in the sky today. It warmed up enough this afternoon we had to close up and turn on the AC. When tha...